Wednesday, March 24, 2010

How to get Flash on Google Chrome in Fedora 12 x64

I love Google Chrome.  I use Firefox's extensions in web development, but for just surfing I use Chrome.

I recently installed Fedora 12 and was at a loss to get Flash working under Chrome.  Here is how I got it to work:

1) Install Google Chrome via the RPM installer.

2) Install the flash plugin and dependencies:
(as "su")
yum install flash-plugin 
yum install nspluginwrapper.x86_64
yum install nspluginwrapper.i686 
yum install alsa-plugins-pulseaudio.i686
yum install libcurl.i686

(they can be all on one line, but I like to see each one)
(some might already be installed, just move along)

3) Make a link to the plugin for chrome: (as "su")
ln -s /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins-wrapped/nswrapper_32_64.libflashplayer.so /opt/google/chrome/plugins

4) Change the Chrome menu item to start with "--enable-plugins" 

5) Start Chrome and go to about:plugins if you see the flash player in the list then you are done..

No comments:

Popular Posts